Thursday, April 3, 2008

Stir Crazy

I must still be suffering from Jet Lag because the last couple of days I've been plotting my trip back to the states.  I was really beginning to wonder what on earth I would do for 3 months in a big city.  I mean, a city is a city, really!  Maybe I was suffering from lack of green (not that muddy Missouri helped in that area) but I felt a little stir crazy.  I was up at 3:00 in the morning, the internet didn't work, I couldn't figure out the dang television (why are there so many remotes?) and I thought to myself, "what do city people do at 3:00 in the morning?"  I'm thinking maybe my chaotic life wasn't so bad after all!  At least I could always go de-clutter somewhere in my house, or read one of my thousands of books or even talk to the animals.   There was always something to do!  But here, I was wandering aimlessly around the apartment looking for inspiration.  I hate to admit it but I used the "b" word.  I told Ray I was actually bored!  I ended up watching t.v. without the sound on.  Thank goodness for sub-titles.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"what do city people do at 3:00 in the morning?" They SLEEP! :p

Ah, now I'm beginning to see...you used your clutter to keep you busy when you are at home! Did you bring any books with you on the trip? I have to admit, when my internet is down and it's early in the morning, I have to have a book...can't clean that early in the morning it wakes everyone up! LOL

Denise said...

Ahh, yes. I should have said, if they can't sleep. :-)