Sunday, April 6, 2008

Kangaroo



We decided we couldn't very well go to Australia without trying Kangaroo meat (sorry to our vegetarian friends).  Some enjoyed it and others did not, and I will not say who liked it and who did not because they don't want it known by their friends back in the states.  The texture kind of reminded me of liver.  We tried hot dogs and kebabs and the kebabs were definitely better.  I think they were able to season them enough to hide the aftertaste.  I thought maybe it would have tasted like chicken.  Definitely NOT and I don't think it will be on our menu again.

2 comments:

Mary Alice said...

Kangaroo doesn't sound too tempting to me. It might make my stomach a bit jumpy.

Mom of a bunch of great kids... said...

*gasp!*
You Kangaroo killers!

I am only kidding, we would have tried it too! :)

We miss you guys and are loving your blog! I started a new blog (so I have 2 blogs now) that is dedicated to our homescooling adventures.

Have FUN, tell everyone we said hello!
Love,
Shauna and Family