Sunday, April 13, 2008

Camping





We slept in cabins over the weekend and had a chilly night because I didn't bring enough blankets  (that seems to be a tradition with us and camping).  Others were talking about the Kangaroos they saw upon waking on Sunday morning (they seem to be like deer here).  I was disappointed that we didn't get to see them but I was thrilled to see Kookaburra's and bush-tailed possums (size of a cat with big bushy tails).  The possum was soo adorable and the kids were hand feeding (not sure if that was a good idea but it was neat to see).  I think this will definitely be a highlight of our stay here and it makes me want to try camping again before we leave.  I had visions of spiders and snakes around every corner and was pleasantly surprised not to see any snakes all weekend.  The girls had fun around the camp fire and made some Damper's (bread dough on a stick roasted over the coals), heard some Australian camp songs and were happy to sing along with the traditional Quaker songs.

No comments: