Sunday, April 6, 2008

Paddy's Market









We first found Paddy's Market online before we left for Australia and were looking forward to shopping there.  We were not disappointed.  There are hundreds of vendors there from Thursday through Sunday, selling everything from lipstick to luggage (and everything in between).  Emma tried on a hairpiece at one of the vendors.  They first wanted $25 and reduced the price to $15 by the time we left.  I'm not very good at haggling but I didn't have to that time.  Around 5:15 on Sunday night the food vendors try to get rid of all their fruit so they drastically reduce their prices.  If you don't like crowds it would not be the place for you.  People were packed in there like sardines (Hanna thought that was great fun), trying to find the vendors with the best deals.  We came home with bags of fruit that we paid a $1 a bag for but I think I prefer shopping there on Thursday's to avoid the crowds and get fresher food.  We bought mandarin oranges, passion fruit, persimmon's, chestnuts, green beans, basil, spinach, soy milk, tomatoes, plums, sweet corn and eggs.  That is where I will be doing most of our grocery shopping.  I think we might be eating pretty well here after all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOW that's some produce! It looks gorgeous, Yummy! Looks like you had fun at the beach. Your kids swim well, no paranoia allowed! I expect to see you in a swimsuit when at the beach next time!!!! LOL

Mary Alice said...

I am nearly green with envy. The produce and the market look just wonderful.