Friday, April 4, 2008

Royal Botanic Gardens

We made it to Sydney Harbour today.  I didn't realize it was so close.  Probably a 20 minute walk (maybe 10 without kids).  We only got shots of the Opera House from the back as we went through the Royal Botanic Gardens.  It was very nice to find out that the gardens are free to get into because everything else in Sydney costs a fortune!  I think that will be a place for us to frequent!  Marra was a real trooper.  She walked the entire way there and didn't want me to hold her until we were on our way back, so she walked for at least an hour and a half.  On the flip side she is very difficult to take anywhere because she wants to walk.   It's entertaining to watch her try to act like the millions of other people walking the streets of Sydney!  She does amaze me though.  She stays close and does exactly as I say as long as I don't pick her up or take her hand (so she has been throwing a few fits)!









1 comment:

Mary Alice said...

What a beautiful place. I hope finding green and growing things makes your transition to city life a bit easier.

M.A.