Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sydney Wildlife World











We were able to purchase combined tickets at 40% off so we went to the Aquarium last week and saved the Wildlife World for this weekend. Not exactly what I was hoping for but at least I can say we got to see all the native animals of Australia up close even if some were behind glass. I was really disappointed in the Koala Bear area as it was on the rooftop with a few trees and some red dirt. Ray was going to pay $20 to have our picture taken with them and I told him no way. If we were going to wake up the Koalas to take pictures at least it would be at a sanctuary not in a tiny space on a city rooftop. Wildlife World redeemed themselves with the Wallaby area so I left thinking our $100 for the combined package wasn't too ill spent after all. And wow, their insects, reptiles and amphibians are so much bigger than the biggest in Texas so that was exciting to see!

2 comments:

Mary Alice said...

All day today I found myself singing a song I learned in 6th grade. Then it dawned on me, I was subconsciously thinking of your blog.

Kookaburra sits in a old gum tree
Merry, merry king of the bush is he.
Laugh kookaburra. Laugh kookaburra
Gay your life must be.

Denise said...

I had never heard of that song until we started watching Barney when we lived in New Hampshire. That's always been a favorite song of ours so it's nice to hear the birds when we're out and about. The cockatoos are the bird that I would never have in my house. They are loud and obnoxious sounding! I can't believe people keep them as pets, they are a nuisance here!