Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sydney Craft Show





































































This is one show I was determined to go to. I've been wanting to get some craft supplies that were authentically Australian since I've been here. It appears that people that live in Australia probably don't want to craft about their icons. This was more supplies than people actually selling their crafts and it was quite upscale. Fabric is really expensive. The quilt show was amazing but after looking at rows upon rows of beading booths, fabric booths and stamping/scrapbooking booths my eyes glazed over and I was happy to leave. We did manage to find some Australian applique kits (which I know I could make appliques myself so it wasn't all that Australian). I probably never would have gotten around to it if I had to find/make the pattern myself and Emma has been enjoying the process of putting them together. We would like to make a quilt of our travels to Oz so this is a good beginning. Hanna would have loved the craft show but she decided that 9:00 am was too early to get up (I wasn't going to argue because it saved me some money). She regretted if after seeing our little stash of beading supplies we brought back. We couldn't find any beads or charms with australian animals but Hanna says just the fact that we're bringing beads home from Australia is good enough. I'm still going to hunt down some local shops to see what I can find.

1 comment:

Mary Alice said...

Isabella went to bed tonight saying: Emma's coming home in 15 days!

Stuff as many exciting experiences into those few days as you can.

Drake says 'ssssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeee you sssssssssssssssssoon.'