Saturday, May 17, 2008

Federation Square







Melbourne seems to be a nice artsy town! It looks like they have a great children's art program called ArtPlay which is affordable and unusual. I never would have thought to see a class for the under 12 group on Microscope drawing. It would have been nice to stay there longer to take advantage of the great workshops they offer. We took the girls to their very first Art Gallery and they had a great time looking at the art work. Marra was so funny. There was a statue of a naked man and I watched her as she walked over to it. I thought it looked like she was pretty intent and focused on a certain part of his anatomy. She walked within a foot, stopped, gasped, squealed, said "eeewww" and slowly backed away. I was stunned at her reaction. I guess that is what happens when you only have daughters. Later, when we visited the Natural History museum they had numerous naked statues of men and women all lined up and she barely batted an eyelash. I guess she got over her shock pretty quickly!

No comments: